PCC 1.30.7 Installation Issue

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

PCC 1.30.7 Installation Issue

Post by 902 »

Hello all,

I think I've found the right place to present this problem I'm having. First some background. Like many of the people with EFJ equipment, I'm a CAP member. I purchased a personal 5100 model 242-5113-210-BC, firmware 1.18.15. I'm also a ham and have a VHF business frequency that I would like to use in this radio. The radio works fine. I read through some threads and understand the cut-off in backwards compatibility and firmware support. No problem.

I have two versions of PCC. One for another CAP colleague's radio (v. 2.14.10). This PCC version works fine, and I've been able to read, edit, and program. I can read my radio through it, but can't program back whatever I've read (I understand why, not the issue). I also have PCC 1.30.7, which, I've been told, should read, edit, and program my radio.

I installed 1.30.7 numerous times and got a "PCConfig.exe - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc01500002). Click on OK to terminate the application." At first, I thought that 2.14.10 was 'toxic' to older versions of PCC, but I attempted a fresh install of 1.30.7 and had the same problem in the different XP machine. My last try would be ressurrecting a Windows 2000 machine and seeing if this does anything different on it.

I've tried all of the (numerous) suggestions in other forums about error code 0xc1500002, and none of them are relevant and none of them make the program run on either computer.

Can anyone help me with either getting this to run or steering me toward something that will work?

Thank you,

"902"

Re: PCC 1.30.7 Installation Issue

Post by 902 »

As a postscript, I was able to freshly install the program on a Windows 7 machine and make the revisions I needed. I would still like to use the XP computer for both, if I could and will continue to see what I can do. If you have ideas about this, please share (PM is fine, too). Thank you all!