53 SL ES zone fail problem

Forum dedicated to discussion on EF Johnson Radio products such as the VP8000, VP6000, VP5000, VM7000, VM6000, radios. Support for Armada software platform.

Moderator: willbartlett

johnnyc

53 SL ES zone fail problem

Post by johnnyc »

I've got a a 52SL ES mobile radio with a zone fail error after programming . I beleived they used PCC ver .2.18.2 on the radio. tried reprogramming the radio with ver.2.14.10 but still have the same problem.I'm able to read the radio an the programming info is there. any ideas?
File format ver. 5.11
DSP software ver 4.18.0
Controller ver 6.12.5
Hard ware ver 0.2.0
Boot ver 6.6
CPLD ver 11
EEPROM ver. 2.0
Intrinsically Safe

Re: 53 SL ES zone fail problem

Post by Intrinsically Safe »

Zone Fail just indicates the radio is programmed for more channels than what it is optioned for.
For example if you have 48 channel radio you cannot program more than 3 zones or you'd get that message.
EFJ kinda did it weird in these radios that the radio may be optioned for 48 channels, but you cannot have 48, one channel zones, you really need to take the number of channels the radio is optioned for and divide by 16. That is the max number of zones you can program into the radio.

Do a Transfer>Read Options and that will tell you how many channels the radio is optioned for

I.S.
Sean Penn: Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles.