Help with RELM Regency UHF repeater

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
n6jfo

Help with RELM Regency UHF repeater

Post by n6jfo »

Is anyone in this forum familiar with this repeater? I could not find the company website.

It is tuned to the 461.000 range. Will it tune to the ham bands?
Noel Lozada N6JFO
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

What is the model number? I currently have one set up for GMRS. I can check my manual to see if it lists the spread.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

My Micro-com is listed for 450-512. Try this link http://www.relm.com/Forums/RELM/forum.asp
n6jfo

found a manual

Post by n6jfo »

Hi and thanks for replying.

I found a manual for my WU 151RA but I am wondering if you guys know if it will tune to the ham bands. you're right! the manual says 450-512.

I'd like to make sure before I try to order crystals for it.
Noel Lozada N6JFO
Two way repair man

Re: WU151RDA

Post by Two way repair man »

First, the WU151RDA is designed to operate from 450 to 470MHz, so 512MHz is a misprint. Using a good quality set of crystals you should be able to get the repeater to tune into the amatuer band. It is very doubtful it will operate at factory specs without modifications. If you have or can get a Regency MCU15 through 34 (mobile) service manual, it will show the frequency sensitive conponents on the schematic. The repeater uses the MCU15 main and PA boards. Although the amatuer band is not listed you should be able to use the listed components as a reference to determine the approximate values of capacitors you will need to change to get it within factory specs.

Regards,

Bill