What is 'home channel' on the RPV599 Plus?

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
Stan Wright

What is 'home channel' on the RPV599 Plus?

Post by Stan Wright »

I like the RELM radios but their help files on the programming software sucks. Many of their programming options and terms are undefined and the grammar is very bad.

What is a home channel? Is it like a priority channel?
ka7wnf

relm

Post by ka7wnf »

I'm no Relm expert but typically (as in with other brands), priority channels are used for scanning. The radio will scan that one over all others and return to it to check for traffic. The home channel will return the radio to a preset channel when you push a button. Some can be user programmed and others are set in the software. Peter.
Stan Wright

Post by Stan Wright »

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking, too. The programming software allows you to program two home channels but it doesn't tell you how to access them during operation.
wowbagger

Re: What is 'home channel' on the RPV599 Plus?

Post by wowbagger »

Stan Wright wrote:I like the RELM radios but their help files on the programming software sucks. Many of their programming options and terms are undefined and the grammar is very bad.

What is a home channel? Is it like a priority channel?
Is this an LTR or Passport system? If so, then "home channel" has a very specific meaning.

The "home channel" in an LTR system is the channel the radio will monitor when idle - analogous to the control channel in Smartnet or APCO-25 systems. However, unlike those systems, the home channel can carry voice traffic - when it does so, it will carry in the subaudible data stream information about what other channel to monitor.
If you have questions on the IFR COM-120[ABC] or 2975, I designed them. If you want manuals, calibration information, or pricing information, please contact Aeroflex directly.