Trying to locate parts for Wilson WHTM2516

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
HumHead

Trying to locate parts for Wilson WHTM2516

Post by HumHead »

I've been inspired to try to revive my old WHTM2516, which died a sad and smokey death some years ago.

Currently the radio powers up and shows a "5" in the display (the channel that it was on at the time of its demise). The radio will not TX or RX, however, there is white noise present when the squelch is opened. (VCO lock issue?)

The radio originally had a Selectone tone encoder wired into it by a previous owner, and the first thing that I noticed upon opening the head was that the "fly-tied" leads for the encoder and two of the traces on the back plane flex in the head had been the source of the smoke release.

I'm afraid of what all I will ulitimately find wrong, but it's pretty clear that I need to start with a new backplane flex for the control head.

Any help on where to find one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Medic-10

Post by Medic-10 »

When you figure out what you need let me know. I have a number of these lying around with several in use. Earl :D
Two way repair man

Re: Trying to locate parts for Wilson WHTM2516

Post by Two way repair man »

HumHead wrote:I've been inspired to try to revive my old WHTM2516, which died a sad and smokey death some years ago.

Currently the radio powers up and shows a "5" in the display (the channel that it was on at the time of its demise). The radio will not TX or RX, however, there is white noise present when the squelch is opened. (VCO lock issue?)

The radio originally had a Selectone tone encoder wired into it by a previous owner, and the first thing that I noticed upon opening the head was that the "fly-tied" leads for the encoder and two of the traces on the back plane flex in the head had been the source of the smoke release.

I'm afraid of what all I will ulitimately find wrong, but it's pretty clear that I need to start with a new backplane flex for the control head.

I have two mobiles but no control head or cable. I am willing to sell both for $100 which includes shipping. Email me if you are interested bill@billscommsol.com or visit my web site if you would like for me to repair it. http://www.billscommsol.com

Bill

Thanks!
Two way repair man

Re: Trying to locate parts for Wilson WHTM2516

Post by Two way repair man »

HumHead wrote:I've been inspired to try to revive my old WHTM2516, which died a sad and smokey death some years ago.

Thanks!
I have two mobiles but no control head or cable. I am willing to sell both for $100 which includes shipping. Email me if you are interested bill@billscommsol.com or visit my web site if you would like for me to repair it. http://www.billscommsol.com

Bill