sub audable tone

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
Old Barney

sub audable tone

Post by Old Barney »

I have a rh250B it works great except for the Pl tone (I forgot what Wilson calls it) But any how the tone level is .2KHZ I don't have schematic any more and as old as I am forgot which pot and location it is. I looked up the schematic some were on line but the print is so poor I can't make out the number of the pot to locate on pictorial.
Any help with CLEAR pictorial I can go from there. I have my own Marconi service monitor and diddle sticks.
Barney
Old Barney

sub audable tone

Post by Old Barney »

I guess my Question about tone adjust didn't go through.
have a RH 256B and the tone is not but .2 KHZ I need to know were or what pot is the adjust. Been along time since I've been inside one I found a schematic on line and know the part number to adjust BUT the number is so blurred and my eyes aren't the best anymore.
What I would like is a pictorial of the ckt board possibly with pot pointed out. There isn't too many pots on the board but turning the wrong one could do other things that are working just fine now LOL!!
I do have my own Marconi service monitor to see adjustment. The only thing I have is the original programing sheet no other manual or schematic. Mic audio is just fine and radio works fine simplex but will not hold repeater up once voice is applied.
For the life of me I can not remember the regency name for sub audible tone is??? GE was Channel guard,, Motorola was Private line, RCA was quite channel, Johnson was ??? oh well some hams call it bring up tone?
any help will help fixing my 256B
Old Barney
redbird

Re: sub audable tone

Post by redbird »

My manual is for RH256N with serial starting with 817-. The CTCSS tone dev is R358.
Old Barney

Re: sub audable tone

Post by Old Barney »

Thanks I'll see if I can find it
Barney