Uniden alternator noise

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
kd6kml

Uniden alternator noise

Post by kd6kml »

I guess this is the right place to ask since Uniden is now owned by RELM...

I forget the model of the radio, but it is newer production, VHF, with an alpha display. Anyway, it gets alternator noise real bad, especiallly in GM vehicles. The noise in the speaker, and not in the tx audio. Removing the antenna connector seems to stop the noise, but it will return if the outside of the antenna connector is grounded to chassis.

I am thinking that there is something wrong with the radio's design. We have 3 cheapskates that bought them, and all are having the same trouble.

I beg them to buy Motorola and GE so I don't have to deal with stuff like this....

Josh
Always watch the fat man,
For he has found the easy way.
Two way repair man

Re: Uniden alternator noise

Post by Two way repair man »

kd6kml wrote:I guess this is the right place to ask since Uniden is now owned by RELM...

I forget the model of the radio, but it is newer production, VHF, with an alpha display. Anyway, it gets alternator noise real bad, especiallly in GM vehicles. The noise in the speaker, and not in the tx audio. Removing the antenna connector seems to stop the noise, but it will return if the outside of the antenna connector is grounded to chassis.

I am thinking that there is something wrong with the radio's design. We have 3 cheapskates that bought them, and all are having the same trouble.

I beg them to buy Motorola and GE so I don't have to deal with stuff like this....

Josh
Josh,

Email me if you still need help with this problem. I can help you out.
bill@billscommsol.com

Bill