RMV60B

Forum dedicated to discussion on RELM/Regency/Wilson Radio products
kydeputy1463

RMV60B

Post by kydeputy1463 »

Anyone know why i can read a RMV60B but can't write to it?
redbird

Post by redbird »

Computer speed too fast or wrong version of program.
kydeputy1463

Post by kydeputy1463 »

Speed 386 on the RMPC software, that is the version for the B series.
redbird

Post by redbird »

The RMV60B comes in three versions: A, B, and C. The letter is in the serial number. A is the oldest and has no alpha on display. B version has aplha on 40 channels and the alpha changes to number in a few seconds after displaying. The best model is C model. It is full alpha. The version of software must match the radio. You may have a B serial and you are using C serial program.
kydeputy1463

Post by kydeputy1463 »

I have programmed over 75 of this B type model. I have been a dealer since it was Wilson. We sold 75 of these radios when the B model was first introduced. This one is the only one not able to reprogram. Lets set aside all the software issues. Anyone else suspect a ROM issue?
Two way repair man

Post by Two way repair man »

kydeputy1463 wrote:I have programmed over 75 of this B type model. I have been a dealer since it was Wilson. We sold 75 of these radios when the B model was first introduced. This one is the only one not able to reprogram. Lets set aside all the software issues. Anyone else suspect a ROM issue?
There are several potential causes most being computer issues. The comuter must be shut down and started in the MSDOS mode. Prompted MSDOS causes this problem when you are using Windows 98 or newer. All of the older RELM programming software was developed for slower microprocessor speeds. If the radio is at fault then the big 64 pin microprocessor is usually the culprit. If the radio has an "A " or a "B" stamped in the rear chrome plate you will need to upgrade to the newest microprocessor and EEprom.

Please contact me if you have trouble or go to my web site http://www.billscomsol.com