XTR/Syntech II - Program Won't Read Radio

Forum dedicated to discussion on Midland Radio products. (Questions/Instructions about modifing CB radios are prohibited)
dpd4703

XTR/Syntech II - Program Won't Read Radio

Post by dpd4703 »

I have a couple of Midland UHF's that we are trying to add some channels to. I downloaded the software for programming the radios and connected the programming cable I obtained from RFGuys and the laptop gives the response that it can not read the radio.

Do I need to use a slower laptop, like the old 486 speed laptop's used for Motorolas in order to program these radios?

If this is not the problem, any ideas?

Thanks
redbird

Post by redbird »

I use a 286 to program XTR's. My 386sx will not program them.
dittrimd

Post by dittrimd »

Watch out software version could be a problem. I had the dos software for ST2/XTR and it would not read. I got the windows and it worked. It also works on newer computers.

Good Luck.
azcot

Re: XTR/Syntech II - Program Won't Read Radio

Post by azcot »

I bought the cable and module both from RFGUYS. COnstant replies tell me that i have to do something else to make it work. Threw $100 in the trash bin!

I got the windows software from a local. he said to buy the interface cable that works with the Syntech II from "Geenecountycommunications", N4FY or N4FV. That has the buffering chip in the connector and will work just fine then with the windows software. I'm using XP PRO with no problems. Works with the XTR as well.