Midland 70-1526a UHF mobile info

Forum dedicated to discussion on Midland Radio products. (Questions/Instructions about modifing CB radios are prohibited)
rescue161

Midland 70-1526a UHF mobile info

Post by rescue161 »

Anyone have any info on these? I have two of them that were in a repeater. I'd like to get a service manual or find out which wires are what that are coming out of the radios.

The RX radio has 4 wires coming out of the back. Black, Blue, Brown and Grey. Black = Gnd, Blue = COR and I have no idea what the other two are.

Black = Gnd
Blue = 70mv in stand-by and .5v in RX mode
Brown = 2.27v in stand-by and 1.99v in RX mode
Grey = .643v in stand-by and 4.5v in RX mode

I figured out the TX radio as there were only 3 wires...

I do NOT have a service monitor, so that is out. I only have a volt/ohm meter, watt meter and a dummy load. Any help would be GREAT! Thanks
Scott
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

Scott...

I have a couple 1526B's here but they have just been sitting on the shelf for years. Go to the Yahoo group "MidlandLMR" to find you some help. There are some Midland gurus lurking around there.

I cannot program mine but the interface cable schematic is on the above mentioned site.

Looks more like your grey wire is COS with the 4.5v with RX active... Just my opinion.

Happy New Year!
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

That's what I was betting on, but Pyramid sells a repeater controller that hooks up to this radio that says the blue wire is COR. They are probably mistaken or other mods would have to be done.

I just need a db9 to finish up testing here
Scott