MPA PTT side tone?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
Park

MPA PTT side tone?

Post by Park »

My older MPA (non-hamflash) does not emit any side tones when I have transmit with signalling enabled, aka GE-STAR when the PTT is pressed.
I thought I had the side tone option enabled in the software (v1.11)
Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I would like to know when I'm transmitting a signalling tone because I don't have that option enabled for all of my channel memories.
Note: I hear a tone when I turn the radio on and when I change modes, etc. but nothing at the beginning or end of a transmission.

Thanks,
kato56@juno.com
Muggsy09

Re: MPA PTT side tone?

Post by Muggsy09 »

Having the same issue. no sidetone. I don't even know where to enable it in the software. Aghhh!!!! Ok quiting for now before I throw the radio through a wall. I'll try another time. Anyone know how to make this work? Sidetone when using GE STAR on the M-PA select model.
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

Only place I can think of is under the "F7" DTMF tab. There is a Side Tone
selection there... Just guessing, but maybe it works for GE STAR as well.

Muggsy09

Post by Muggsy09 »

Thanks for the input. I tried that and it was a no go. Something tells me that it may just not have a sidetone. Like the old Kenwoods with Fleetsync. Thanks again, I'm not gonna let it bother me anymore the radio works good which is the most important thing.

Muggsy