GE primer/Programming PLS's

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
kitn1mcc

GE primer/Programming PLS's

Post by kitn1mcc »

i have 2 VHF pls i have had sitting here and i bine wanting to set up to do GE stuff besides my moto stuff.

i know u need a GE rib/

but were can u get the GE software
EMS Geek

Post by EMS Geek »

Hi,
I'm pretty sure the PLS is not software based, but needs to have an EEPROM burned.

I looked into some PLS radios in the past and got this for an answer to the same question.

Eric
radio259

Post by radio259 »

:beer: The PLS is done with the old suitcase programmer. It will only do PL tones, and no scan.

Actually was a well built radio. I still have one that was run over by one of our firetrucks. Still works great.

I am in Pittsburgh. If I can help with programming, let me know.

Paul B
kitn1mcc

Post by kitn1mcc »

well i have 2 one good one and one parts jobber. if i can send it to some one and get it done cheap that woul be great. i know were i can get it done and pay alot.

also i need to figure out wich 16 i want that is hard when everthing else is 100 plus channels of mine