Problem programming SOME M-PD's and M-PA's?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
Elroy Jetson

Problem programming SOME M-PD's and M-PA's?

Post by Elroy Jetson »

I've encountered a small number of M-PD's and M-PA's (and an M-TL or two) that work normally but when I connect my programming cable to the radio and turn the radio on, the radio won't power up. Nor will it do so until I remove the cable and recycle the radio power.

Yet, other M-PD's and M-PA's work and program normally with this exact same programming setup.

I'm using the Price Industries radio interface box.

Two different computers, same results. Even with different software on each computer.

Any ideas?

Elroy
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

Elroy,

I purchased a few M-PD s from the state of New York and ran in to the same problem on a few, I took it to the local GE shop and they programmed them without a hitch.

I remember reading some where that certain vintages of these radios required power from the programming cable. I have dig through the manuals that I have in pdf format and see if I can find the tech notes.

As soon a s I find it I will post it on my site so you can view it.

Vince