Panther 300M Programming Question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
station house products

Panther 300M Programming Question

Post by station house products »

OK, got a bunch of 300M mobiles in UHF sitting here, so I ordered up the cable and software for them from GE ($$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!) but when I go to read the radios.... nothing. It tells me to check the connections. I am using the proper Windows platform as well as the facotry cable, but it is a 25 pin connector and I am using a 25 to 9 pin adapter for comm 1. Anybody out there use this set up yet, and if so, what am I doing wrong?? As always, thanks to all in advance for any help.
Authorized dealer for: Whelen, Code 3, Sho-Me, Alerte Systems, Streamlight, Jotto Desk, Chieftain, Boston Leather, Phenix Fire Helmets and the list keeps growing!
jsikora

GE

Post by jsikora »

If I am correct you need the ge style rib box between the computer and the cable. I know I need it to program the pcs and orion units. I think the panther is the same.

Jeff
station house products

Thanks for the info, but the Panther uses a cable that goes directly into the computer it's self without a RIB.
Authorized dealer for: Whelen, Code 3, Sho-Me, Alerte Systems, Streamlight, Jotto Desk, Chieftain, Boston Leather, Phenix Fire Helmets and the list keeps growing!
1 ADAM 12

Panther & 300M

Post by 1 ADAM 12 »

Just to verify, you tried different com ports, Windows sometimes likes to take com1 and even com 2. Double check those settings to make sure its available. Try setting and reading for at least com 2 and see if it works. I actually will be using the program tonite so I can check and see if there is anything else to suggest.
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

1. Install cables and equipment as described in the "Install The PANTHER 300M Programming Cable" section.

2. Ensure the power to the radio is OFF.

3. Press and hold the Option 1 button on the radio. Using the ON/OFF/Volume knob, turn the radio power ON.

4. Release the Option 1 button and the radio will enter the
programming mode. When the radio enters the programming mode
the LED will flash green and the following message will appear in
the display: P
station house products

Yep, I went through the installation set-up and put the radio into the programming mode, but I haven't tried changing the comm port settings. I always assumed that comm 1 was comm 1. I will try it this afternoon and report back.
station house products

OK Folks. After mucho going back and forth with MA/Com and trying all that fancy computer stuff, we finally figured out what the problem was. THEY SENT THE WRONG BLOODY CABLE!! The worst part is that it's going to cost me another $115.00 for the right one. Thak God the weekend is here because I think I need a :beer:
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

The PANTHER 300M programming cable is RPM 113 2472/47 (TQ3393).

What the heck did they send you?

My shop needs to get one of those cables as our FD has bought like 30 of the
300M's for some backup garage door opening system...... Funny that
FD bought all of those radios knowing that we did not already have the
prog cable......
station house products

They said this cable was for the 200 and 600 series mobiles.
station house products

OK, now I'm REALLY losing it with this $#!t. The front of the book says the software is compatible with windows 2000, but it wont read the radio. When I call technical support, they tell me that I have an older version (R11A I believe) and that it will only works with Windows 98. ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst part is that I bought this software at the beginning of the year and it came directly from the factory, but the guy from Ericsson is telling me that there is no way an older copy could have made it out of the factory as they make it when ordered. (i.e., no inventory sitting on a shelf) and they can't help me. He did suggest, however, that I could buy a current copy for $250!!!!!

I don't think I've ever seen a more finicky piece of crap programming setup (not even from Motorola!) NOW, I have to find a computer that I can load 98 on. We'll see what happens next.
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

check your PM's