S825 Download Error?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
Oriondude

S825 Download Error?

Post by Oriondude »

Hello everyone i am new to the group, and i have recently aquired a 150 rngr and a S830 control head i guess with the diren functions. The rngr has 2 eproms, here is the problem i am having. I program the control head with all of my desired channels i then connect it to the radio and when i power it up it displays download error, flashes it actually. I then hit the home button and it goes away thee display then displays all of the channels i have programmed, but only some of them funtion other transmit on some other frequency? Has anyone else had this problem? Please help me with this one. email me ke7bbf@comcast.net
d119

Post by d119 »

Are you sure that you have a downloading control cable? Certain control cables that fit the S82505 control head and RANGR radio don't contain the download feature.

Also, make sure that the jumper in the radio to enable download/EEPROM write is set correctly, if I recall it's the one thats closest to the microprocessor.
mike m

Post by mike m »

Yes I have seen this numerous times if the frequencies are outside of the designated bandsplit which was set up in S8525.exe for the control head.

I know on my low band 825 I have it set up for 29 to 54 Mhz which I did by using either shift enter or control enter, it's been so long that i don't remember the out of band entry method anymore.

I set my S825 up this way as I use the same head for 29 Mhz and 52 Mhz FM plus 30 to 50 listening in between.

Since i've tricked the head into accepting frequencies outside of its normal range it displays the download error when changing modes but after pressing the home button it works just fine as long as I have the proper Rangr switched in line and the radio is tuned to operate over the splits which I use, IE 33 to 54 on my high split RANGR and 29 to 37 on the low split RANGR.

Check and see if there are frequencies from say 144 to 174 in the radio, as I remember the normal splits are something like 138 to 150 or so and 150 to 174 but I've used the shift method on VHF hi radios also to get total 144 to 174 coverage in one remote unit and see the same error message when downloading.

Mike

Mike