Current MA/COM lowband offerings?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
Pj

Current MA/COM lowband offerings?

Post by Pj »

Is the Orion still the only available lowband radio?
From the Federal Signal Price Book:
"Warning: Sirens and Speakers may produce LOUD sounds necessary to request the right-of-way."

Really...You think?
radio259

Post by radio259 »

:eeek: Yes it is. Very good radio. Pricey. We have been selling more Vertex lowband lately. VX6000 available in 110 watt, but limited in banmdsplit.

PB
Splat

Post by Splat »

If you're interested in something other than the Orion (and not Motorola) Kenwood's got some great mobiles that do lo-band. TK-6110, TK-690, and I think there's a few more. I've used the 6110 and found it worked well.
Pj

Post by Pj »

I think we are picking up the 690, and eventually dual radio it with another lowband or VHF radio. The local dealers are pretty much idiots around here so getting information/prices doesn't come without a boatload of work.
From the Federal Signal Price Book:
"Warning: Sirens and Speakers may produce LOUD sounds necessary to request the right-of-way."

Really...You think?
Splat

Post by Splat »

I can tell you that the Kenwoods we've had for the past 1+ years have all been great. We're switching over to all Kenwoods as the Motorolas die out. I can't remember this.... do the Kenwood dealers have those territory restrictions like Vertex? I -think- if you solicit any Kenwood dealer they can sell to you, but dealers cannot solicit out of their region. We've had good dealings with Bob at B&C Communications in Waldwick, NJ which is upstate northern NJ. http://www.bccommunicationsinc.com/
Boomer740

Post by Boomer740 »

We removed from our fleet brand new Motorola Syntor X-9000 low band radios in favor of the Kenwood TK-630s and TK-690s. Our fleet (several hundred vehicles) is now completely Kenwood, and has been for several years. We are *very* happy with not only the performance of the TK-630 / 690 series mobiles, but also with their sturdiness and longevity. I have seen only one fail, and that "failure" turned out to be a firmware issue.

Paul KB6MIP
Splat

Post by Splat »

I can only attest to our recent experiences... Kenwood has good support. In the past they supposedly sucked, but I've heard a lot of praise nowadays and we have gotten good support from them. I'll be picking up another TK-8180 mobile, but this one will be the new 45W uhf version... think it's the TK-8180H. We already have the s/w, which also does our TK-3180 portables. I love these radios. The way the featureset actually works I like more than Vertex radios, however Vertex has some nice stuff too. Anyhow, go Kenwood!