Anyone have any software to program a 950/990

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
Number2

Anyone have any software to program a 950/990

Post by Number2 »

Is there any way to program the eprom in a 950/990 without the suitcase programmer. I have documentation on the memory layout but it is mostly greek. I also have a prom burner but the devil is in the details.

Any one have any software for this?

Thanks,

Fred
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

You can program the 950/990 head by just powering it and interfacing it with the TQ3370 (Rib) there is no need to have a radio connected, or an eeprom burner, you just need the program cable, Rib & Software.

You can check for software on http://www.radtek.ws
Number2

Info on 3370

Post by Number2 »

Can you elaborate a little? I have an interface that goes between my serial port and an mpa, mpd, or 825 head. Is that same interface the 3370? If so, where do I get the software?
Or, if not, who has 3370's/sw and what does it usually cost?

Thanks,

Fred
vcaruso

Re: Info on 3370

Post by vcaruso »

Number2 wrote:Can you elaborate a little? I have an interface that goes between my serial port and an mpa, mpd, or 825 head. Is that same interface the 3370? If so, where do I get the software?
Or, if not, who has 3370's/sw and what does it usually cost?

Thanks,

Fred
Ok, The interface that goes between the PC and the radio should be a TQ3370 or a clone RIB (Radio Interface Box) you will need a cable that interfaces between the RIB & the Control Head (Not sure of what cable you actually have) The software can be found at http://www.radtek.ws

Good Luck
Number2

Software?

Post by Number2 »

I was able to retrieve the manual on the programmer from the radtek site but can't locate the software.

Can you supply another source?

Thanks,

Fred
Eric the Barbaric

990 software

Post by Eric the Barbaric »

Yes and No. The 900 series with factory firmware has to be programmed with the notorious GE suitcase programmer or the Niles programmer. The Niles software has been released for free use (they no longer suppoert the programmer) and if you have an eeprom programmer that will do the Xicor X2816 eeprom that is in the head you can create a binary image (up to 8 modes of 16 channels) that will do it. On the Radtek site

http://www.radtek.sdione.net/

there is a file named s990prog.zip that when burned into the 2764 eprom (UV eraseable) will allow front panel programming of the 990 head. angel3.gif