Tuning a low band rangr

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
mike t

Tuning a low band rangr

Post by mike t »

Help!!!! I have a RANGR(35-50mhz) radio i am trying to tune to 6 meters.. the problem is that I can't get the transmit VCO to lock past 52.2 mhz. I can get the reciever to lock at 53.8mhz.does anyone know how i can adjust the TX VCO to lock on the higher end of the band? Ex 53.8mhz
Mike

:beer: :cheers:
metro121

Post by metro121 »

sound like you have a problem with the radio.

i have programmed several lo band rangers as high as 55 meg and never had to retune.

are you sure it is not a delta.

if you can't get it to work , i have an extra ranger lo band with an s550 head and cable for $150.00 plus shipping.
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

I will have to agree with Metro 121 I've gone up to 55 MHz and no problems. another possibility is that you may have a Canadian Market version of the Rangr. what is the model #?

Vince
ksptech1405r

Re: Tuning a low band rangr

Post by ksptech1405r »

Most Rangers won't go high enough with out internal modifications to the board. Requires removal of a half of coil inside the phase lock loop circuit. These are two large black coated coil easily found once you take the covers off. This information is available on line. Just follow the instructions with rx and tx boards. Works great after mods and dont forget youll need a signal generator for best results on RX. Good luck for info on this you can E-mail me at ksptech1405r@localnet.com. Great radio once it's modified.