Upgrading an M-RK II to AEGIS

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
HMT69

Upgrading an M-RK II to AEGIS

Post by HMT69 »

Hello,

is there any way of making an Analog (PK2PTX/344A3937P233) M-RK II AEGIS-capable short of selling it on eBay and buying a new one? Rewriting the feature string? Changing the firmware?
Glen W Christen

MRK AEGIS

Post by Glen W Christen »

It requires a different board.
HMT69

Post by HMT69 »

Okay, I've come to understand that this is the case.

However, what are the chances that I can take this board off an AEGIS enabled GE Ericsson M-PA (product ID: PAPATH) - there's a bunch of those for sale cheap on eBay, but all worn out and without batteries etc.
silverbk

Post by silverbk »

HMT69 wrote:Okay, I've come to understand that this is the case.

However, what are the chances that I can take this board off an AEGIS enabled GE Ericsson M-PA (product ID: PAPATH) - there's a bunch of those for sale cheap on eBay, but all worn out and without batteries etc.
I don't know if the M-PA board will fit in your radio, but what you can do is if you buy an Aegis MPA cheap on Ebay, they sell them cheap a lot because they are a wacky split, sometimes you get them for $10.

Then when you get it, you swap the radio front from the Ebay one, with your radio's back from a good split MPA, and now you have a good system MPA with Aegis on your split.

Then you reassemble the other one and sell it on Ebay.