Ericsson IPE

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
VE9MP

Ericsson IPE

Post by VE9MP »

Just picked up (what I believe) is a Ericsson IPE-200 800MHz EDACS radio. Firstly, Motorola is my bag, I know nothing about Ericsson and even less about EDACS trunking :D

So, the question of the day is.....Can this do conventional channels?
----Nick----

It's more than just a walkie, Mr. Lahey.
Radio_Cowboy

Post by Radio_Cowboy »

It sure can, but first of all....check your options......

press the M key and bring up the menu. arrow down to the Features and see if your radio has option #29 in the list. If it does, you have a provoice capable radio....

Info found and provided by RadioReference.com

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/sh ... d.php?t=72

-RC-
My Daddy was a Pistol.....I'm a son of a gun!
tfliberty

IPE

Post by tfliberty »

I believe the IPE portable is trunking only and not capable of conventional operation. The IPE is based on an Ericsson cell phone platform. The LPE portable is capable of both.
VE9MP

Post by VE9MP »

It looks like I'm stuck with a useless brick (a pretty one though)...lol

I think Cowboy must have mixed up the IPE with the LPE which is a totally different beast.

Is there anything neat/nerdy that one could do with one of these, besides let it rot in a box?
----Nick----

VE9MP

Post by VE9MP »

Are you guys sure this won't do EDACS?

When I turn it on, it displays a channel/talkgroup name for a second and goes into "CC Scan" which I thaught was indicative of EDACS trunking.

On the back of the radio, underneath the battery it says:

Ericsson Inc.
KRD 103 124/A1 R1A
(serial#)
Canada: TR-352 287195165A
FCC ID: AXATR-352-A2
----Nick----

tfliberty

Post by tfliberty »

It will definitely do EDACS trunking, it will not do conventional. You can program it to an EDACS trunked system for full receive and transmit. The one neat feature of it is that if you make an interconnect phone call (if that's enabled on your EDACS system) it reduces the transmit power and audio level and you can hold it to your ear just like a cell phone. Other than that and it's small size, I don't know of any other distinctive features
VE9MP

Post by VE9MP »

Great! Now if only the nearest EDACS system wasn't 500+ miles away lol

Atleast its a nice coversation piece or bargaining chip for a trade, i bet it would make a real nice reciever, now if only it did SmartZone :wink:
----Nick----