MRK -> MPA programming cable

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
HMT69

MRK -> MPA programming cable

Post by HMT69 »

Everyone,

I have now finally gotten my MPA/AEGIS radios, after some excruciating delays and all those woes with MRK II before that.

Only to discover that the MRK and MPA programming cables are different.

I currently have a Price Industries MRK-2 ribless programming cable. Before I sigh and spit out another $100 and above - does anyone possess the same cable along with a MPA-2 ribless cable and a multimeter to check if I can get away with just resoldering the cables for a different pinout?

Thank you so much in advance.
silverbk

Re: MRK -> MPA programming cable

Post by silverbk »

HMT69 wrote:Everyone,

I have now finally gotten my MPA/AEGIS radios, after some excruciating delays and all those woes with MRK II before that.

Only to discover that the MRK and MPA programming cables are different.

I currently have a Price Industries MRK-2 ribless programming cable. Before I sigh and spit out another $100 and above - does anyone possess the same cable along with a MPA-2 ribless cable and a multimeter to check if I can get away with just resoldering the cables for a different pinout?

Thank you so much in advance.
You might be able to adapt the cable, but I can program that radio for free for you, within reason.

I belive that the Price Ribless only runs about $85

There is a Yahoo group devoted to the MPA radio, it's very informative.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GE-Mpa/

In the files section you will find the schematic for a program cable, but I believe that it is for the GE OEM style which requires a RIB.