MDX TG limits?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
kk6rq

MDX TG limits?

Post by kk6rq »

Is there some bonehead thing I might be missing why I can't seem to get more than 16 talkgroups working on my MDX? It lets me program plenty more, yet won't display any more than 16, regardless of how they're distributed. This is all Wide EDACS, btw. It will show additional conventional channels, incidentally.

Also have a 2nd MDX, used to be hooked to a radio modem that won't do DPL. Sorry, I mean DCG. CG works fine, DCG doesn't. Arrrggghhh.

Help please.
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

Many MDX radios had 128K logic boards which limited the number of talkgroups that could be programmed into the radio. However, I would guess that the problem is that your MDX is feature encrypted for 16 talkgroups only. Later radios flashed an error code when you exceeded the alotted number, but I don't think the MDX does. I have an MDX like this, and you can have as many talkgroups as you want, as long as it isn't more than 16.

In most EDACS radios, all the hardware is present when the radio leaves the factory, but the radio contains a hex string that is tied to the ESN of the radio which tells the microprocessor which features to enable.

As to the DCG issue, I don't know of any good reason why it wouldn't work other than the DCG decoder circuitry is toast.
n_zero_ndp

Post by n_zero_ndp »

The following webpage should fill in all of your MDX/MDR model number questions:

http://www.hallelectronics.com/getech/pm2.htm
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

Thanks...good stuff on that site!