SC4 Files - Taboo???

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
rescue161

SC4 Files - Taboo???

Post by rescue161 »

Orion anyone? I mean the things are out of production, so where are the SC4 files that will help us all out?
Scott
n_zero_ndp

Re: SC4 Files - Taboo???

Post by n_zero_ndp »

rescue161 wrote:Orion anyone? I mean the things are out of production, so where are the SC4 files that will help us all out?
I assume it's not directly connected to the ORION, but becuase it is a function of "ProGrammer" is why it is still off limits....

NØNDP in KC
Pj

Post by Pj »

Last time I spoke with Mark, it was still locked in the safe, maybe for another year.

However, if you still have the DOS programmer, open up the codeplug with Hexworkshop, and its very easy to find the channels to be edited for out of band. No conversions or other funky things like some of the Moto stuff. Go in, change the numbers, save. Life is good.
From the Federal Signal Price Book:
"Warning: Sirens and Speakers may produce LOUD sounds necessary to request the right-of-way."

Really...You think?
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

Only thing is, I have to use the EDACS software and the addresses are not the same. It complains everytime I try to write to the radio.
Scott
MSS-Dave

Post by MSS-Dave »

Pj wrote:Last time I spoke with Mark, it was still locked in the safe, maybe for another year.

However, if you still have the DOS programmer, open up the codeplug with Hexworkshop, and its very easy to find the channels to be edited for out of band. No conversions or other funky things like some of the Moto stuff. Go in, change the numbers, save. Life is good.
Hi PJ,

This info work for the 900 Orions as well??
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

Any new developements? I've seen two sc4 files so far and they both work. They were for the VHF 136-153/136-160 MHz Orions/MRKs. One would move the frequency up 8 MHz and the other would only move it up 4 MHz.

I would LOVE to see one of these files that would work on lowband Orions. The two files above did not work when we tried them on lowbands.

I guess I could fiddle with them to get one to work, but I want to see an original one.

Someone has to have these.
Scott
Pj

Post by Pj »

If you sign up for the GE-Orion (that should be it) yahoo group, there are two SC4 files in the files section. One is for the lowband which moves it up 4mhz, and the other for the UHF 403 radios that move it up into the ham band (I think).

The alternative would be to use Hex Workshop with the dos software and edit the radio's personaility file itself, which doesn't require any skill to do..as the freq and mode names are in "plain text".
"Warning: Sirens and Speakers may produce LOUD sounds necessary to request the right-of-way."

Really...You think?
Pj

Post by Pj »

Almost forgot, in the same file section, there is an explination about the SC4 files and how to make them for other bands.

Really...You think?
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

THANK YOU PJ!!!

Very cool how the sc4 files break down. Anyway, the lowband is now on 6 meters. Just a little tune up and It'll be good to go.

Again,
Thank you.
Scott
kk6rq

Post by kk6rq »

I don't understand--those AREN'T .sc4 files (Which are proprietary); they're .sc files and they're NOT the same. They DON'T work with the Windows ProGrammer. You mean the opposite, right? Or am I missing something? I don't have the DOS program
so I'm screwed with my lowband Orion. Accurate?
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

kk6rq wrote:I don't understand--those AREN'T .sc4 files (Which are proprietary); they're .sc files and they're NOT the same. They DON'T work with the Windows ProGrammer. You mean the opposite, right? Or am I missing something? I don't have the DOS program
so I'm screwed with my lowband Orion. Accurate?
You are correct, the files there are SC files, but there are instructions on how to make/change those files. I looked at the SC file make up and followed the instructions and applied the same concept pretty much to change an SC4 file that I had for another split that I didn't need. It's been a year since then and the computer that I stored those on is in storage.
Scott
kk6rq

Post by kk6rq »

OK thanks; I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for an sc4 file.
If its similar, I'm sure I can figure it out as the sc file is a no-brainer.
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

kk6rq wrote:OK thanks; I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for an sc4 file.
If its similar, I'm sure I can figure it out as the sc file is a no-brainer.
From what I remember, it's a little different, but as you said, it's pretty easy.
Scott