Orion Keypad not backlit?

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
rescue161

Orion Keypad not backlit?

Post by rescue161 »

I've had Orions in the past and all of the keypads on them would light up, but the one I have at present does not light up. The display is bright blue, but no light what so ever is emitting from the keypad. Anyone know where I should look? I looked in Programmer, but couldn't find anything related to it
Scott
n_zero_ndp

Re: Orion Keypad not backlit?

Post by n_zero_ndp »

rescue161 wrote:I've had Orions in the past and all of the keypads on them would light up, but the one I have at present does not light up. The display is bright blue, but no light what so ever is emitting from the keypad. Anyone know where I should look? I looked in Programmer, but couldn't find anything related to it
Scott...
Check ProGrammer here:

Options; Display Settings; Backlight Level
"0" would be no backlighting... "6" is the default...
rescue161

Post by rescue161 »

I did, but that wasn't the problem. I just finished fixing it.

Problem was the black plastic that secures the board to the control head was cracked and was not holding the board in place. It was just enough to not light the LEDs, but enough to allow for the buttons to work.

I replaced the plastic piece and all is well now. The guy said it was new, but it had dirt all over the rubber seal for the buttons...

Oh well, I got it for a good price.

Thanks!
Scott