Orion Remote Mount with SS2000-ERCSN1 Unit

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
smart6

Orion Remote Mount with SS2000-ERCSN1 Unit

Post by smart6 »

Hi all... I am having a problem trying to figure out how to get the Federal Signal SS2000-ERCSN1 (Siren & Light) Unit to interface and operate properly with the Orion Remote Mount unit. What type of cables do I need to connect from the Orion to the SS2000 and does anyone know that cable model number? Also do I need the enhanced control cable or will the standard control cable work from the radio to the control head to operate the SS2000 properly? Anyone have this already set-up in their vehicles is there anyway you can take pictures of your set-up and send them to me? HELP PLEASE
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

I have the SS2000-ERCSN1 manual at work; I should be able to look that up for you on Monday.

It's been quite awhile since I set one of those up, so I can't answer your questions off the top of my head. I have set that unit up with an Orion before and if I'm not mistaken, there's a piggy-back cable that plugs into the rear radio connector along with the control head.

Post by 007 »

Smart6-

I got your PM and replied but I'll post it here as well. The SS is connected to the Orion with a shielded data cable that ships with the SS2000-ERCSN1 from the FS factory. It has a DB9 on the SS side, and a DB25 on the control head side. The DB25 plugs into the enhanced options cable downstream from the back of the System control head.

If you have the Orion enhanced options cable, and a complete SS2000-ERCSN1 system, the setup is plug and play. You enable the Siren/light (SL) functions in the Orion software and assign them to buttons on the System control head.

I'll post more pics per your request as time allows.
The serial bus on my Orion is working for it's money.