Lpe-200 and Progammer

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
radioactiveman

Lpe-200 and Progammer

Post by radioactiveman »

Hey there,

I got a programming cable for my lpe-200 system model, however when i read my radio i get an error in progammer.. it says "error- radio was written with a later verson of progammer" any ideas of what i can do? I bought this software not too long ago but i think i got messed around lol.

Cheers
Meatball

Post by Meatball »

It means somebody wrote the personality in a later version of ProGrammer. If you have version 14, it means the radio was written with version 15 or higher.

I know with Orion radios, you can overwrite whatever is in the radio with a new personality written with an earlier verison of Programmer; you just can't read what's in there now. So you'd have to make a personality from scratch, write it to the radio, and then forever more you should be able to write with your version.

I haven't done it on anything but the Orion, so proceed with caution.

I always recommend going to the maintenance screen, reading out the tracking and feature encryption files to disk, and then if anything goes wrong during programming or reflashing, you won't be stuck with a brick.
motastro1

Post by motastro1 »

I did the very same thing with an LPE-200. I just created a new personality and programmed right over what was in it and it worked fine. I have also done it with the MRK's.