A couple of Delta questions

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
k2xm

Post by k2xm »

I've got a GE Delta all set and ready to go on 6 meters and I've got a couple of questions.

1. At the present time, I've got the 8 channel control head. There are two wires (yellow and black, I believe) that are just hanging the off of a connector on the back of the head. Do these go to ground and the fuse block?

2. I'm told that by adding a switch, this control head can be changed to do 16 channels. Any info about this would help, since I had the radio programmed for 16 channels.

Thanks,
Pete
K2XM
Saco, Maine
willbartlett
Administrator

Post by willbartlett »

I've done the switch for the second 8 channels. You'll need to get hold of the schematic and locate the unused line in the channel select group, may be called mode a/b or something. As for the groud, I believe there are two grounds, one for rx, one for ign/tx control. Wish I could be more helpful, hard to be at work with no schematic. What kind of control head is it. I had an s-600? small clamshell, single digit display. I mounted the mode switch through the front, next to the LED.

Good luck, Will, N1PXA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: willbartlett on 2002-02-08 14:42 ]</font>
k2xm

Post by k2xm »

Yes, the control head that I have is the small one with a single digit LED in the middle of it. I'm at work too, so I'm working from memory here.
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

Is this the control head that looks like the MastrII head?
Medic-10

Post by Medic-10 »

It sounds like the wiring harness is for a S550 head and not a clam shell. If you want a 16 channel head for your unit I have several that I will let go cheaper than ebay. Or if you want a 8 channel harness I will swap with you., Earl
mike m

Post by mike m »

http://www.qsl.net/ka9fur/delta/DeltaInterfacing.html

Check the link above for the connector pinout, also the one below is nice. Scroll down and check the other GE related on the link below.

http://www.hallelectronics.com/getech/index.php3

Mike
WB8VLC/7
k2xm

Post by k2xm »

On 2002-02-08 14:41, willbartlett wrote:
I've done the switch for the second 8 channels. You'll need to get hold of the schematic and locate the unused line in the channel select group, may be called mode a/b or something. As for the groud, I believe there are two grounds, one for rx, one for ign/tx control. Wish I could be more helpful, hard to be at work with no schematic. What kind of control head is it. I had an s-600? small clamshell, single digit display. I mounted the mode switch through the front, next to the LED.

Good luck, Will, N1PXA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: willbartlett on 2002-02-08 14:42 ]</font>
Hi Will,

I think I found the info I needed for the switch at the following web site:

http://www.packetradio.com/delta96.html

Down towards the bottom of the page is shows the switch pinout for the control head.

Later,
Pete
K2XM
Saco, Maine