M-RK model numbers

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
DryHeat

M-RK model numbers

Post by DryHeat »

Ok, I will first off admit this is a stupid question, but I have to start somewhere. I recently came across a few dozen M-RK radios and need to figure out some more information about them. I can't find much on the web to help me identify the frequency ranges so I was wondering if anyone here can help me. I have the following two types of radios:

1) M-RK model PK3HCX / FCC ID AXATR-201-A1 (VHF I believe)
2) M-RK model PK6UGC / FCC ID AXATR-202-A1 (I think UHF but not sure the band split)

Bassed on pictures I have seen these appear to be M-RK II SCAN models, but not 100% sure thus the post. I can post pictures later if it helps.

Once I figure out this much I will start to charge them up and test what I can. I am a novice to radios so I am looking to learn. Likely all these have been deprogrammed by the state agency that surplused them out. So I may wish to do somme programming before selling them off.

Thanks in advance
mitaux8030

Re: M-RK model numbers

Post by mitaux8030 »

PK3HCX, breaks down like this:
3 = M-RK Scan, 25 kHz bandwidth
H = 150 to 174 MHz
CX = conventional analog only (Ericsson label)

and PK6UGC is as follows:
6 = M-RK Scan, 12.5/25 kHz bandwidth switchable (if the feature is 'soft' enabled)
U = 440 to 470 MHz
GC = conventional analog only (GE label)

Hope that helps some.