BML-161 Charger

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
llu727

BML-161 Charger

Post by llu727 »

Does anyone have service info or part numbers for BML-161 - LPE/KPC Multi charger?

I have one with a bad power supply (switched mode). I have no service info on it.
I think there are different versions of this, this has the power supply with three daughter boards next to it acrossed the back. Each daughter board runs two pockets.

What I am looking for is a part number and rough price for the complete supply if they are available. Maybe the whole thing is a throw away!

Thanks

BJ
JungleJim

Re: BML-161 Charger

Post by JungleJim »

If it is the BML 161 51/024 then the power supply part number is F29/4R-A9-0091 but they are no longer available. They last listed for about $250.

There may be an easy fix. There is a voltage output adjustment pot and it may need to be adjusted or just cleaned up. Unplug the charger and note the current position of the pot. Turn the pot full deflection back and forth several times to clean it off. You can use a dab of contact cleaner as well. Do not wipe it back and forth with the unit plugged in and turned on as this will blow the power supply. After you're done exercising it and any contact cleaner has dried set the pot back to its starting position.

Plug the charger in and turn it on. With a voltmeter , read any of the outputs to the three daughter boards. You should have 15 VDC ± 0.2 V. If necessary, slowly adjust the pot until it reaches this value.

I have been able to return several chargers back into service this way.
llu727

Re: BML-161 Charger

Post by llu727 »

Thank you ! Information on this thing has been very difficult to find.

The unit is a BML 161 51/513 dated 0131.

Main fuse was disintigrated, after replacement it didnt blow but no voltage output. I will look at what you said to do and see what happens.

Thanks for your iinput

BJ