MPA Keys

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
IZ2JGB

MPA Keys

Post by IZ2JGB »

Hi Guys,

i'm new to the board, i have lurked for a while, then i decide to sign up yesterday.

So, here comes the question:

i have a big lot of brand new MPA's, and i'll like to use them as a point to point links to connect
remote sites to my club central repeter. Since it will be nice to use the digital voice capability,
and i got the MPA's nearly as scrap (10$), i'll like to know if somebody knows a method of loading
DES keys without the original programmer. (LBI-3154D).

I even found the programmer, but, you know, we try to do it as simple as we can :)

Thanks for your time in this matter ..

Have a Happy Xmas and shining 2009!

Bye,
Giorgio.
TonyAcabono

Re: MPA Keys

Post by TonyAcabono »

IZ2JGB wrote:Hi Guys,

i'm new to the board, i have lurked for a while, then i decide to sign up yesterday.

So, here comes the question:

i have a big lot of brand new MPA's, and i'll like to use them as a point to point links to connect
remote sites to my club central repeter. Since it will be nice to use the digital voice capability,
and i got the MPA's nearly as scrap (10$), i'll like to know if somebody knows a method of loading
DES keys without the original programmer. (LBI-3154D).

I even found the programmer, but, you know, we try to do it as simple as we can :)

Thanks for your time in this matter ..

Have a Happy Xmas and shining 2009!

Bye,
Giorgio.

As far as I know you cannot load keys without the keyloader.

You should also not be using encryption on any ham bands.

You can use the radios in digital mode without encryption which would be legal and not require a keyloader.
d119

Re: MPA Keys

Post by d119 »

The OP is apparently not in the US, so his laws may vary with regard to encryption.