Modifying GE MTL/MPA for Ham use

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
vcaruso

Post by vcaruso »

Mike,

If you have the time, could you write up a quick word doc with the instructions & I will post it on the radtek site.

Vince
mike m

Post by mike m »

Alex

It seems there are a lot of the ex ge/ericsson guys floating around these days. I used to work with the original creator of the hamflash and he gave me a lot of info on these radios. he was a wealth of info but he too was very cautious to make sure it was only used for ham service otherwise it would dissapear quickly. He gave me lots of documents and 4 radios in each flavor that were already flashed but unfortunately no software, although with 4 radios at the time I had no use to flash anymore. But I've always thought that if I ever came across another MPA, well it would be nice to have a spare. After all you can never have to many HT's.

Mike
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

Nice. There ones that I know is through the RIT Amateur Radio Club, since most of the members trek out to Mt. Graylock to do the June/July/Aug/Sept contests with that group. I bumped into one of them at Dayton, so I asked what he knew about it. He told me it was quite guarded. Some idiot sold a PD a whole bunch of radios hamflashed. Someone said this doesn't look right, so they sent them to Ericsson/GE for service, and then they screwed the lid tight on doing it.

If one came my way at the right price, I'd consder playing with them. They seem to be nice radios, and hamflash providing some neat features. I like the Morse PTT-ID with the emergency button :)

-Alex
mhaynes41

It's out there

Post by mhaynes41 »

alex wrote:Nice. There ones that I know is through the RIT Amateur Radio Club, since most of the members trek out to Mt. Graylock to do the June/July/Aug/Sept contests with that group. I bumped into one of them at Dayton, so I asked what he knew about it. He told me it was quite guarded. Some idiot sold a PD a whole bunch of radios hamflashed. Someone said this doesn't look right, so they sent them to Ericsson/GE for service, and then they screwed the lid tight on doing it.

If one came my way at the right price, I'd consder playing with them. They seem to be nice radios, and hamflash providing some neat features. I like the Morse PTT-ID with the emergency button :)

-Alex
The flash is out there still but very very hard to get ahold of. Now how much would you pay for a flashed radio?
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

I personally was thinking right price = free :)... but I have no idea what they would be worth...

-Alex