Ericsson KPC handheld programming

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
Johnny Grep

Ericsson KPC handheld programming

Post by Johnny Grep »

Hi there,

What would I need to program a KPC-300? Is it easily programmable out-of-band? What software would I need to use and where could I get it? (That site everyone is pointing me to doesn't work anymore.) Do I need a RIB or just a cable will do?

Thanks
J
n_zero_ndp

Re: Ericsson KPC handheld programming

Post by n_zero_ndp »

Johnny Grep wrote:Hi there,

What would I need to program a KPC-300? Is it easily programmable out-of-band? What software would I need to use and where could I get it? (That site everyone is pointing me to doesn't work anymore.) Do I need a RIB or just a cable will do?

Thanks
J
J...
You need what is pictured below to program the KPC/Panther500P

I assume it can be programmed out-of-band using the DOS software ONLY (KPC300/400 v4.0) - don't know the "TQ" number) using the Control+E trick. I cannot verify this for sure as I have never tried it.

ProGrammer (TQ-3385) or Conventional ProGrammer (TQ-3389) will also program the KPC300, but will not allow out-of-band freqs. It has been reported that hacking ProGrammer with a hex editor has been successful to allow O-O-B freqs but nobody has released any details of what to edit.

Ken