GE MVS Question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
ResQ911

GE MVS Question

Post by ResQ911 »

My Ge MVS is making a buzzing sound when I hear any noice on my MVS. If no sound is comming from the Speaker the Buzzing will stop after a few secounds. I was hoping there would be someone on the list that would know what this is.

Thanks,

Richard
The best thing an old firefighter can teach a young firefighter, is how to become an old firefighter
n_zero_ndp

Re: GE MVS Question

Post by n_zero_ndp »

ResQ911 wrote:My Ge MVS is making a buzzing sound when I hear any noice on my MVS. If no sound is comming from the Speaker the Buzzing will stop after a few secounds. I was hoping there would be someone on the list that would know what this is.

Thanks,

Richard
How do you have this radio installed? Base or mobile?

If a base station setup: Are you using a known good power supply? A poorly filtered or defective power supply will cause what you describe.

If it's a mobile setup: Is the buzz variable in frequency with the speed you are traveling (really more of a whining noise)? This could be alternator whine associated with the vehicle's charging system need some maintenance or repair.
ResQ911

Post by ResQ911 »

How do you have this radio installed? Base or mobile?

If a base station setup: Are you using a known good power supply? A poorly filtered or defective power supply will cause what you describe.

If it's a mobile setup: Is the buzz variable in frequency with the speed you are traveling (really more of a whining noise)? This could be alternator whine associated with the vehicle's charging system need some maintenance or repair.

No it is a constant buzzing on a mobile setup. But it only buzzes when it has sound coming ing in. then it will stop in a few sec.
Thanks,
The best thing an old firefighter can teach a young firefighter, is how to become an old firefighter