M-PA programming headache

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
NodrogCop

M-PA programming headache

Post by NodrogCop »

Hi all -

I'm playing around with a 136-150 System MPA (combo PAGCPX) I have. When I initally got it, it refused to be read or written to. I dropped it off at the local GE shop, and the tech had it working within 15 minutes, including loading in a personality in the 150's, and tuning it so that it worked. I didn't play with the radio until tonight.

I realized that the scan was disabled. I went to just change that, and it still wouldn't be read or written to from DOS s/w. I then tried EDACS4 - it read the radio, wrote to it, but now I have the following issues:

1. The channel knob doesn't change channels - if I turn it, it still remains on one channel.

2. The scan button works, but I cannot program scan, although I checked off to do that in the software.

3. When I press the "menu" button, the display lights up all the characters, beeps, displays "MODE 1" and then reverts to the channel as I said in #1. I certainly don't get menu options.

4. When I press the "pvt" button, it says "VG DISBL" -- don't know where that came from, I didn't see that option anywhere.

5. When the number buttons are pressed, a zero shows up in the display.

Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions? I'm kinda stumped by what's going on, and I'm wondering if using EDACS4 really screwed the radio? I'm going to check on Mon. and see what s/w the tech used to program it. It's not a valuable radio, i.e., I didn't spend a lot of money for it, but it's in great shape, and I'd like to be able to use it. Otherwise, maybe I'll save it and recase another one...

Any and all help appreciated...

Gordon