Ericsson Ge MPA Police Radio

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
bhhco

Ericsson Ge MPA Police Radio

Post by bhhco »

Just joined new agency. Issued a "GE M-PA Scan". No key pad. Asked supervisor for the operator manual -- he didn't have one -- "Just press the transmit key - stay on Patrol 1 - don't press the red button unless you can't talk"

I did not want to embarass him with questions he does not know the answer to -- but I would like to know all the features of the radio I'm using.

Know where I can download a user manual?
NodrogCop

Post by NodrogCop »

http://www.radtek.ws is a great site. Vince just redid the site, so there might be some problems - I had trouble downloading LBI's - but that was a couple of weeks ago.

If you do get some knowledge out of it, don't forget to drop a donation to his site. There's a lot of info there, and I think he's put a lot of time into it.

Gordon

***Found the direct link: http://www.radtek.ws/mans/ge_lbi/38377C.PDF***
bhhco

Thankyou

Post by bhhco »

Thank you -- exactly what I needed.

Bill
metro_cop

Post by metro_cop »

Yeaa dont press the red button!!!!!!!!!!!!1
PhaseLockedLunatic

Post by PhaseLockedLunatic »

Wish you were one of my cops. My guys just toss the book. They don't know, don't want to know and don't care. Then when they do something stupid with the radio, like taking all the channels out of scan, that causes problems they blame it on me and screem "officer safety" to get the brass fired up.

Your post brought a tear to my eye. If you were one of the cops I serve I would buy you a cold drink, give you a manual and sneak you one of the really good Otto earphones.