Orion programming question

Forum dedicated to the Harris PSPC Product group items such as Orion, M7100/M7200/M7300, P7100/P7200/P7300, Harris Unity XG-100, GE Orion, GE Master Repeaters, EDACS Trunking, Pro Voice, PC Configure, RPM, and other topics relating to Harris, MA-Comm, Ericsson, GE products.
talviar

Orion programming question

Post by talviar »

What I have:
Orion Lowband Low split (29-42)
Have Price Industries Programming Rib and Windows Programming Software. (Have dos as well but the windows version suits me fine for this rig)
Made all appropriate back up files of the radio in case the radio craps. :ignore:

My Question: Does this radio support Type 99 Decode (Minitor style RX)
The motorola maratrac this is replacing would let me stay in carrier squelch and radio would beep (call alert?) when either of two sets of tones went off (in my case set 1 1285.8-1122.5 and set 2 1285.8-701.0 Worked well as both were A common.) Since I am on the fringe area for minitor working in a moving vehicle, the radio being able to alert is really a great plus. . . .

I see where to program in the tone chart but see lots of spots for various options for Type 99

Where and what do I need to do to enable type 99 decode for paging as above. . . .

Thanks in advance for any help
Either reply here or a direct e-mail to talviar@fcema.org

Thanks!
Tony, KA3VOR