Inaugural Post

This forum is created for the discussion of Bendix King Radios.

Moderator: mancow

mancow

Inaugural Post

Post by mancow »

Surely there are some BK users out there to get things moving.

mancow
n9gik
Site Supporter

No but I do have some BK HT carrying cases for sale

Post by n9gik »

Bendix King is just not a well known brand in my area. I guess they are supposed to be pretty good, just nobody ever pushed them here.

I bought a lot of 15 HT cases on ebay to get the one I wanted. Included were some new BK's I intend to resell. But that is my total involvement with Bendix King

Tell me more about BK. Like I said, I know virtually nothing about them.
I don't know much about 2-way radios but I'm over 50 and can't remember not having one around. Everything from Buddy and Citi-fone to Icom and Kenwood.
kmoose

Re: No but I do have some BK HT carrying cases for sale

Post by kmoose »

n9gik wrote:Bendix King is just not a well known brand in my area. I guess they are supposed to be pretty good, just nobody ever pushed them here.

I bought a lot of 15 HT cases on ebay to get the one I wanted. Included were some new BK's I intend to resell. But that is my total involvement with Bendix King

Tell me more about BK. Like I said, I know virtually nothing about them.
THe US Forest Service uses B/K radios almost exclusively in their wildland firefighting operations. We (http://www.colheli.com) have been using the EPH series in our logging operations for years, as well. Good radios. Born, originally, of the King Radio Corporation, makers of of mid-to-high tier radios for the General Aviation community. Bendix and King merged, at some point, and then were bought by Allied Signal (now Honeywell). The Land Mobile business was spun off as B/K Radio, which was eventually bought by Relm, who currently manufactures the radios under the B/K name. High quality radios. Not as Motosexy as Mother M radios, but comparable performance.
Splat

Post by Splat »

I've got a 14-ch EPU(think it is) and it's a solid radio, but it doesn't feel too solid, IMO. It's got good Rx and Tx performance. I just don't like the switches being so "in the open" and easy to switch on/off. I keep it as a backup to my Kenwoods and Motorolas (now dwindling). I plan on staying with Kenwoods for future purchases.