Bendix King EPH

This forum is created for the discussion of Bendix King Radios.

Moderator: mancow

1 ADAM 12

Bendix King EPH

Post by 1 ADAM 12 »

Not really overly familiar with Bendix, so I have a question. Got a VHF EPH that displays channels wrong or duplicated on the display ...ie the knob says 5 the radios says 3, then 4 channels will be fine and then knob postion nine shows 11 on the display. I can get access to the software and cable, from an agency that had them and got rid of them when they went 800MHZ. Someone mentioned that the hex values may have been messed with. Does anyone have any ideas or a good set of values for a EPH VHF 14 channel ... I thinks its a 5140 ???
kmoose

Post by kmoose »

Do you know for sure that the radio is just displaying the wrong channel, or is it actually operating on the wrong channel? I have seen the channel switches go bad, before, and send incorrect BCD info to the microprocessor, causing the radio to be on the wrong channel, compared to what the switch says it is on.
mancow

Post by mancow »

It's either a bad selector or out of band frequencies.

If a channel has a frequency that's out of range the radio will just skip it and display something else.

Have you tried shorting the side pins and checking all the frequencies? If they are all correct then I would start looking at the channel encoder.

It's possible someone messed with the frequency ranges but generally the EPH's don't use the hex value programming to change the range. It's done through the tuner or the ham and eggs ham mod programs.

mancow
1 ADAM 12

BK acting weird

Post by 1 ADAM 12 »

I wil follow the suggestions here and check the programming, and parameters and determine if its the switch or there maybe an out of band frequency. Thanks for the responses. :lol: