Icom F33GS Settings

Forum dedicated to discussion on Icom Commercial Radio products such as F70, F80, F1721, F2821, F9011, F9021, F9411, F9521, F9511HT.
twowayradiony

Icom F33GS Settings

Post by twowayradiony »

I am trying to figure out the seetings for the Icom F33GS.I was wondering if there is a way to set the MDC to Send My Id at the end of my Trans. and to rec. all ids from other radios.Do I have to push a button everytime to do this or is there a way around it.What setting do I have to change to work with the motorola MDC.and how do i set it for post and not pre thanks.these are the only thing I could not figure out for some reason
resqjonny

Re: Icom F33GS Settings

Post by resqjonny »

first you just need to make sure you have the newest software and firmware. i think firmware 2.0 and newer had the MDC capabilities. the current version of the software is 2.2
anything older than those may not have the MDC capability.
all of the MDC options are under the MDC menu on the left of the screen. under general is where you select the ID (you can have up to 5, one for each system) and select what system is turned on. the next menu down from general is PttID. for the radio to display RXed IDs and transmit your ID at the end of your transmission you want set the feilds as follows

Rx-enable Tx-enable PTTID Down-inhibit PTTID Up-enable

thats all you need to do in the MDC screen. now you need to select what MDC system each channel you have programmed is going to use. thats in the same screen where you program you frequencies and all. its the next to the last item in that screen (just before the scrambler settings). select the system that you set up in the MDC screens and you should be all set.
-jonathan
twowayradiony

Post by twowayradiony »

Thanks I got it after I posted the message.I guess I just had to look at it for a min.I also set it up for the same mdc setting that the motorola radios are set to.This seems to be a very nice radio easy to work with and Rx and tx seem to be great
resqjonny

Post by resqjonny »

yeah...its a great radio. built like a tank and packed with features...thats actually whats being used over in iraq (among others i'm sure)...well the UHF version with some fancy encryption installed in it.