Icom IC-F521 question

Forum dedicated to discussion on Icom Commercial Radio products such as F70, F80, F1721, F2821, F9011, F9021, F9411, F9521, F9511HT.
Grog

Icom IC-F521 question

Post by Grog »

For a friend on another site.....

I have an IC-F521 VHF mobile setup for priority scan (or so I am trying to get it to scan). In all the modes configured (225 of them) I have them set to scanlist 1, with priority A and B set. Option button 3 is set to "scan A" and button 4 is set to "scan add/delete". Pressing and holding OP3 results in the "SCAN 1" being displayed...but nothing happens. Yes the mike hanger is grounded...it just acts like it is waiting for something that never happens. It never scans any channels at all. Removing the mike from the hanger just reverts to the pre-selected channel. I've tried everything and can't get the thing to scan.

It works fine on TX and RX with no problems. I am using CS-F500 v2.1 cloning software. anyone have any ideas?
icomradio

Re: Icom IC-F521 question

Post by icomradio »

If all is set correctly, momentary push of P3 should start the scan, with it periodiocly looking back at priority 'A' freq and then continuing on. There is a couple of configs for how often it looks back during the list scan. Pressing P3 and holding it will cause it to think you are trying to select a different bank to scan. If you had the freqs programmed into 2 or 3 different banks, you could then select bank 2 or 3 to scan. The same freq can be scanned in 1 or all of the banks. P4 scan add / delete lets you block or add a programmed freq back into or out of the scan list. The 'Help' tab on the CS500 software should clarify this. Hope this helps.
bburd88

Re: Icom IC-F521 question

Post by bburd88 »

I have the same problem with my F521. I have all the scan lists set correctly, however no matter what bank I am in, when I press my programmed "Scan A Start/Stop" button, it will automatically start scanning bank 1. I can be in bank 8 and I hit P0, and it automatically starts scanning bank 1/scan list 1. I can not get it to scan any other scan lists. I have 9 banks and 9 scan lists, one scan list for each bank. Not sure if this is how it is suppose to be down.?.?

Any ideas?