F40GT Dealer Mode Issue

Forum dedicated to discussion on Icom Commercial Radio products such as F70, F80, F1721, F2821, F9011, F9021, F9411, F9521, F9511HT.
kj5kg

F40GT Dealer Mode Issue

Post by kj5kg »

Hi Folks,

I was trying to enable the dealer mode on my F40GT last night. I enabled the dealer reserve mode in the software (v3.01) and enabled the appropriate options (I don't have it sitting in front of me now to tell you what they are verbatim). I wrote to the radio and everything seemed to be fine. Now when I power it up, the receive indicator shows five bars and I can't transmit. This is the case on all channels It seems to receive just fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave
--
Mountain Canine Corps Search and Rescue
NMSP D-1 SAR Field Coordinator SAR-0111
Amateur Radio Operator KJ5KG
ddclarknm@yahoo.com
Dave's Location:
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?c ... **&topo=32
icomradio

Re: F40GT Dealer Mode Issue

Post by icomradio »

If you have any previous .icf files that you saved, overwrite the current file in the radio with a previous one that operated correctly. I believe that will put it back in business. As for the 'dealer mode', I am not familiar with it on that model icom. Good luck.
twowayradiony

Post by twowayradiony »

were you able to write any other icf files to the radio?
kj5kg

Post by kj5kg »

I am out of town without my radio for the weekend. I will be back on Tuesday and give it a try then. I'll post my results

Thanks
Dave
--
ddclarknm@yahoo.com
Dave's Location:
kj5kg

Post by kj5kg »

So I managed to get my radio working again. It turns out that if you are in "DEALER RESERVED" mode that you have to suck all the settings into the software from your radio before you do anything. The default values in the software will probably not work with your radio and will brick it if you write them to it (as happened to me). The settings that the dealer reserved mode needs are also not downloaded from the radio when the software is in normal mode (you cannot restore from a file read or created in normal mode) -- i.e. read the radio as it is programmed after you have entered dealer reserved mode and make any changes to that file. There are warnings about this in the software. They use English words and everything. However, the words are arranged in a way that only someone in Japan would understand. I learned the hard way.

I was able to convert my radio shaped paper weight back into a radio by downloading another of the same model in dealer reserved mode and copying those settings to the file for the dead radio and uploading that to the radio. Everything seems to be in working order now.

Dave
--
ddclarknm@yahoo.com
Dave's Location: