Icom IC-F30LT field programmable?

Forum dedicated to discussion on Icom Commercial Radio products such as F70, F80, F1721, F2821, F9011, F9021, F9411, F9521, F9511HT.
WC4RAV

Icom IC-F30LT field programmable?

Post by WC4RAV »

I picked up an Icom IC-F30LT VHF portable, I have read references to this radio being capable of FPP. However, searching high and low yields no instructions on how to enable FPP. Anyone have any idea or is this just a rumor?

TIA Erik
TonyAcabono

Re: Icom IC-F30LT field programmable?

Post by TonyAcabono »

First let me say it is much easier to program the radio through the RSS with a cable. I would be happy to do it for you for the postage.

Secondly use this procedure at your own risk!

OK I have not completely hacked this, as this is a very closely guarded company secret.

To get the radio into dealer mode:

hold PTT and P0 while powering up

the lcd will display _ _ _ _ _ _

enter the digits 159357 and hit the bottom right enter key

lcd will say SET MODE

now you must hit the top side button with the single dot along with the keys

dot 1 makes it say common
P0 makes it say set mode again
* and # seem to scroll things up and down
dot 0 makes it say clone
dot 7 says dtmf 1
dot 4 says list 1
dot 2 says ch number a second push get you RC OFF and then P1 and P2 lowers and raises the PL tone, dot enter sets it to off, dot 1 gives you TC with the same options
dot 4 appears to let you enter the transmit freq dot 5 lets you enter the receive freq
dot 6 appears to be the alphanumeric tag
dot 7 TOT, dot 8 pwr level, dot 9 says log _ _ _ _
dot 0 says bw wide or narrow

From here someone with more patience is going to have to map out the functions better, but this should get everyone started.

WC4RAV

Post by WC4RAV »

thanks, this gets me further than I have been able to get so far. I do have the RSS, but it appears the programming cable is NLA from Icom, and uses some funky connector I've never seen. I may take you up on your offer of programming, will also throw in something of value for the time. Thanks for posting this, apparently it is a closely guarded secret!
drbob336699

Post by drbob336699 »

I tried the field programming sequence. I can get to 'set mode', and get the 'clone' screen
but no freq entries. Am still looking for the cable. Found the software. So far it is a spendy brick.