icom ic-f33gs from an non mdc to a mdc portable

Forum dedicated to discussion on Icom Commercial Radio products such as F70, F80, F1721, F2821, F9011, F9021, F9411, F9521, F9511HT.
tcash158

icom ic-f33gs from an non mdc to a mdc portable

Post by tcash158 »

I have a friend that has a icom ic-f33gs portable with the mdc system set up in it and all of channels are basicly the same and I am trying to clone it into the same model number radio but it says the recieving radio is not setup for mdc or something to that effect. When I hook up the radio that is not setup for mdc and go to change the model in the programming it says all data will be lost and I hate to have to redo the enitre programming of the radio. Is this something that can be done or are there models like that portable with some capable of mdc and some not? Any help is greatly aprreciated.
jsikora

Re: icom ic-f33gs from an non mdc to a mdc portable

Post by jsikora »

The original radio was not capable of MDC signalling. You can try changing the model on the radio and write one channel to it. I'm guessing it is an early version and will not take it. If it is the early version you cannot change it to MDC.
can ya hear me now...
Wicho

Post by Wicho »

You need v 2.0 or better firmware for MDC.

You need a USB (OPC-478U) cable to flash the firmware. If you have one I can send you the 2.0 firmware file. Shoot me a PM.
g4rky

Post by g4rky »

Hi

I'm trying to do something similar with an F4022s - I can see all the options for MDC in the programming software but it just does nothing when I program the radio up for MDC.

The firmware on my radio is V1.0 - is there a later version of firmware that supports MDC on the F4022?

I have tried emailing Icom tech support but so far have not received any reply from them, so any info would be gratefully received in case I am wasting my time!!

Many thanks,

Matt