IC F60V programming

Forum dedicated to discussion on Icom Commercial Radio products such as F70, F80, F1721, F2821, F9011, F9021, F9411, F9521, F9511HT.
radio259

IC F60V programming

Post by radio259 »

Been working on radios for 18 years. This ICOM got me stumped. Scan edit is enabled. so how do you edit the scan list??

If our guys have the buttons locked, which a soft key is set up to do, when paged, they have to turn it off, then back on to get out of the lock. did I miss something there?? And when scanning, we only have about 4-6 hours battery life. something not right there. Like I said, new to ICOM. WHEW!!

Any thoughts other than "leave it to an ICOM professional"?? Really sweet radio we are using in place of the Minitor 5, but what a learning curve!!
fineshot1

Re: IC F60V programming

Post by fineshot1 »

radio259 wrote:Been working on radios for 18 years. This ICOM got me stumped. Scan edit is enabled. so how do you edit the scan list??

If our guys have the buttons locked, which a soft key is set up to do, when paged, they have to turn it off, then back on to get out of the lock. did I miss something there?? And when scanning, we only have about 4-6 hours battery life. something not right there. Like I said, new to ICOM. WHEW!!

Any thoughts other than "leave it to an ICOM professional"?? Really sweet radio we are using in place of the Minitor 5, but what a learning curve!!
Just read the manual on page 9 - it appears one of the soft keys must be programed for Scan ADD/DEL.

Not sure of other question. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that one.
fineshot1
NJ USA
radio259

Post by radio259 »

Did that. Still cannot edit. it will nuisance delete. Trying to make thes easy to use. i was asked to give out the manuals to our members. What a mistake that was. Created even more confusion. will make call to ICOm tech support.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

radio259 wrote:Did that. Still cannot edit. it will nuisance delete. Trying to make thes easy to use. i was asked to give out the manuals to our members. What a mistake that was. Created even more confusion. will make call to ICOm tech support.
I am not all that familiar with this model and its programing but the manual makes it appear to me
that there is no scan edit per say, rather a more simple add/del of selected channel from the scan
group which is already pre-programed with the software. I am curious as well so if you get more
info from icom plz update this post. Thanks....
fineshot1
NJ USA
radio259

Post by radio259 »

Not I am getting phone calls of false tripping, or even tripping on other fire company tones. Can't seem to win on this one. The scan list is obnly able to be set in the software. you can nuisance delete. That not a problem. but I have this guy wants this in his list, this one wants that and not this PD in his list. never ends.

i called tech support. I knew more about the software then the guy I talked to. Reminds me of the old Vertex tech support days.