TK 730/830 DUALBAND PROGRAMMING PROBLEM

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

delcom

TK 730/830 DUALBAND PROGRAMMING PROBLEM

Post by delcom »

Hi to all... I am trying to connect a tk 730 and tk 830 together as a dualband setup and something is not working..kpg7d ,kch4 head,160 ch upgrade in both radios.both radios checked for proper operation prior to krk4db dualband kit installation. problem #1 no instructions for krk4db kit,problem#2 when uhf channels are programmed ch name flashes on and off,no tx or rx...vhf is working great. under model in kpg7d programming for full160,single control head,dualband,radio1 vhf hi,radio 2 uhf. the krk4db has the kch4 hooked to the vhf and the uhf is tagged to it. any suggestions? anybody have instruction for installation of a krk4db kit to these radios??any help would be welcome...Thanks DEL
John342a

KRK-4db

Post by John342a »

Hi Del
I sent you some docs to your email. Let me know if you recieve them. Also let me know if you did any of the mods from the manual prior to me sending it. John
n5tbu

Post by n5tbu »

I had this problem a while back,I was trying to use a remote front on radio 2 as I thought it was the same as the single cable front from the dual band kit,they are different and won't work.
mod