TK-730 Question

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

swilliams1005

TK-730 Question

Post by swilliams1005 »

I have a friend who bought one of the Kenwoods of ebay from the guy in Canada, well my question is that it programmed fine and here is the problem, When you have P1 fixed and P2 operatable selectable and the revert- to operatable selectable,It scans fine and pick up the mic it goes to the right channel but when you PTT the mic it goes to the last channel that talked,and i have tried different programming options and nothing works,and even called guy up in canada he said that there was problems with the 30 series radio doing this but its funny i have a dual band 730-830 set up and havent hasd any problems at all, I need some help fellas thanks :cry:

Also this is the remote head full feature 160ch
John342a

Revert

Post by John342a »

Hi. I tried to simulate your problem and I mine seems to work OK. The only thing is I dont have P2 operater select for revert channel. What do you have your revert channel set to? I can set Priority 2 to operator selectable but revert only has P2>selected CH, P2>Last Used CH, P2>Last Called. The other options for Revert are Priorty 1, Selected CH.
John N2NKG
swilliams1005

Post by swilliams1005 »

The revert channel is set to P2 Selected channel.
John342a

Tk 730

Post by John342a »

Hi. I tried all possible combinations on 2 radios and they both work OK.
It might be something with the FAA chip or a hardware jumper setting. I will try to find out more.

John
Captain
Butler FD
N2NKG
swilliams1005

Post by swilliams1005 »

sounds great thanks for your help!!!
Splat

Post by Splat »

I wonder if this could be something in the prog'ing s/w. Have you the latest version? That may be worth looking into. Also, have you tried changing the scan off-hook revert to something else and it still goes to the last-Rx channel?
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

Note:

One user has gotten booted for soliciting software in this thread.

Please continue.

No software trading/begging/etc will be tolerated here.

-Alex
ka7wnf

Post by ka7wnf »

Hi ALex. Just a point of clarification. Do you mean firmware as well as RSS? There has been some discussion about firmware that I was involved in and I want to make sure I'm not violating any rules. Peter.
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

Apparently the firmware for the control heads isn't manufactured by kenwood or sold by them - I think this is the KRKDB4 stuff.

The point is - if you can pay money to kenwood or any other manufactur for a software/firmware product - you need to pay them, and not ask for it here.

-Alex
ka7wnf

Post by ka7wnf »

Thanks for the info Alex. Peter.