TK-760H-1 UNPROG

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

redbird

TK-760H-1 UNPROG

Post by redbird »

I have a TK-760H-1 that display shows UNPROG. I have tried KPG-20D ver2 and get an error message when trying to read. I tried to write a saved file from another radio and got error of wrong model number. Radio display says -PC- when trying to write. Radio also does a reset after trying to read or write. I think I have programmed this radio before with this computer, software, and cable. What else can i try?
Starion

Post by Starion »

I'm trying to remember what I did here with my Kenwood LMR radios that displayed "UNPROG" in the past. First off I'm thinking there might be some incompatibility issues with older radios newer software, newer radios older software. All cases that I came across with that message "UNPROG" usually meant that the data was cleared from the radio.

Has the self-program mod been performed on this unit? I ask because I've come across problems when trying to unable the self-program mode by pressing down on a sequence of buttons and powering up the radio. If this sequence is not done correctly, you can wipe all the data off the radio, thus showing "UNPROG" in the display.

Usually when there a problem, you can almost always "read" the radio data. I'm a little perplexed that there may be software problems. I'm also assuming that when trying write that the technical data such as model number and bandspread data is correct otherwise it won't load or will not operate properly.

I'm curious if someone else has come across this problem. I'm interested in a solution too!

Starion
Vern

Post by Vern »

according to my list, KPG 29D is the DOS program and KPG 56D is the Windows program for a TK 760

KPG 20 D is for a TK 709 or a TK 349

Vern
redbird

Post by redbird »

Problem solved. I had tried writing several saved files to the radio. I got wrong model number errors. I tried to write the last file I had and it wrote to the radio. I then edited the file for my needed frequencies and wrote to the radio. Modulation was low and PL tone was very low. I went to test mode and aligned them. Radio is now OK. Radio memory was just empty and there was nothing to read.