Kenwood TK760-GH Alpha display?

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

station house products

Kenwood TK760-GH Alpha display?

Post by station house products »

Hey gang. I ahve a 760GH I just took in on trade and it's been a while since I've programmed one. I thought they were alpha numeric display units, but I can't seem to alpha tag them. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Chuck
Authorized dealer for: Whelen, Code 3, Sho-Me, Alerte Systems, Streamlight, Jotto Desk, Chieftain, Boston Leather, Phenix Fire Helmets and the list keeps growing!
nmfire10

Post by nmfire10 »

The 760/860 have alpha displays. The 762/862 are numeric only. Upon reading the radio, it should know which on it is and give you the options for the 860 and not the 862.

Are you using the windows based KPG56d?
station house products

No. actually, I am using the 29D software. The radio will not read with either the DOS or windows based 56D. The tag says this is a factory 760-GH though. I just don't get it.
Authorized dealer for: Whelen, Code 3, Sho-Me, Alerte Systems, Streamlight, Jotto Desk, Chieftain, Boston Leather, Phenix Fire Helmets and the list keeps growing!
nmfire10

Post by nmfire10 »

I don't remember what 29D is for off the top of my head. Howver, I know 56D is the proper software. I just installed and programmed one a few weeks ago flawlessly.
station house products

I'll try it again Matt. For some reason the 56D won't read the radio (DOS or Windows version) I'll let you know how I make out today. Thanks again.
station house products

OK, tried it again yesterday still with the same results. The radio would only read with the KPG29D software. It laughs at me with the 56D software and wont read or write. (I tried dumping a code plug into it just to see if maybe that was the problem. Is there possibly an earlier version of the 760-GH that wasn't alpha/numeric??
Andy Brinkley

Post by Andy Brinkley »

The initial TK-760 radios (Non G versions) were 32 channel radios with a 2 digit readout. (Uses KPG-29D software)

The "G" versions are 128 channel models with alpha-numeric displays. (Uses KPG-56D software)

Also Chuck I sent you an e-mail a couple of weeks ago regarding some pagers and never heard anything.
Andy

--------------------------------------------------------------
NC Certified Firefighter III / EMT-A
FCC Licensed Technician / Amateur Call NC4AB
http://www.brinkleyelectronics.com
station house products

Yea, that's what I thought as well. The only thing with this radio is that it is in fact a G model and the display reads "CHANNEL 01", CHANNEL 02", etc. Damn thing has me all fudged up. The only thing I can think of is that someone, somewhere aced this thing with 29D software and it won't recognize the 56D now. Ahh well. Another one of life's mysteries.