Kenwood programming....

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

drdeputy

Kenwood programming....

Post by drdeputy »

Hi All....

First post for me (obviously I guess). I'm seeing the Kenwoods on eBay and have an itch for one, but I don't want to pay to have it programmed if I can help it. I have what I need to program a similar Midland, so I'm not a novice at it, just don't know what I need.

I see kpg7d software mentioned numerous times, but I don't know if that's something I have to (or will they even sell it to me?) buy or can it be found, if that's what I need. I'm also sure that cable is needed which I can make if I can get the parts and pinouts and such.

Anyone got any suggestions??

TIA,
Forrest
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

You need to buy the software from Kenwood, or an authorized dealer. It's not free.
drdeputy

Post by drdeputy »

Alex wrote:You need to buy the software from Kenwood, or an authorized dealer. It's not free.
That's why I asked. For all I knew it could have been freeware. I searched the archives and only saw mentions of using it, but no mention of where it came from.

Unfortunately, my experiences with folks like Kenwood and Motorola and such is that they are pretty tight with their dealers and don't typically sell these things to common folk, but I'll see what I can find out.

If anyone thought I was trolling for something illegal, think again.

Thanks,
Forrest
station house products

Post by station house products »

Actually, Kenwood is REALLY easy going about software and very reasonably priced (compared to Mother /\/\) If you contact any dealer, they will sell it to you without having to sign your life away.
Authorized dealer for: Whelen, Code 3, Sho-Me, Alerte Systems, Streamlight, Jotto Desk, Chieftain, Boston Leather, Phenix Fire Helmets and the list keeps growing!
nmfire10

Post by nmfire10 »

Yea, you can buy the kenwood software for like $40.00 from any Kenwood dealer. If it was Motorola, you'd need to move the decimal point over one and then beg.