TK 730 scan

Forum dedicated to discussion on Kenwood Commercial Radio products

Moderator: willbartlett

n5tbu

Post by n5tbu »

Joe,what is the model number of your radio? Is there a'G' in the model number? If so,you should have a choice when programming freqs to do wide or narrow.If you don't have this choice,you need newer software.
If it is not a 'G' model,then possibly a newer version was used when it would scan,and you may have older software.There was a scan bug in earlier version software.
mod
Alex
Site Administrator

Post by Alex »

TO fix the date problem, I stripped out the replies, and here they are:

Railroad Joe
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2006 20:01 Post subject:
The model of my radio is a TK-730. The radio box underneath the rear seat says KRK-3DH. If there is another way to tell which model I have, I cannot tell. The only way I found out that I even have a TK-730 was by searching Kenwood products on eBay. If pictures of the actual radio itself would help, please let me know. The radio is only wideband. I would like to convert it to narrow band, as FD's in my area will slowly be converting. Of course, why do I get the feeling that the tag is under the radio where you cannot see it. thanks for all the help!!

Regards,
Joe

Splat
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2006 20:11 Post subject:
Look on the backside or underneath the transceiver unit, not the remote head, for the FCC id. You can then do a search at the FCC's site for more info on that radio.

n5tbu
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2006 06:42 Post subject:
The tag is on the side of the radio on the cooling fin on the side where the powercord goes in.
what version is your software?
mod

Railroad Joe
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2006 07:29 Post subject: scan
The version of software I have is 1.00 Is this the version that is having problems?? Also, if I need the newer version of software, will I still be able to use my saved file so I will not have to rewrite in all of the information?? Thanks again!!

Regards,
Joe

Splat
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2006 09:37 Post subject:
Usually the newer versions of programming s/w are backwards compatible with older codeplugs.

ka7wnf
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2006 10:03 Post subject: scan
Joe's ver 1.0 codeplug read just fine in my 2.01 software. If you need a G radio it would be fairly easy to find a radio deck only on Ebay and swap it out.

ka7wnf

scan

Post by ka7wnf »

Thanks Alex, by the way Joe fixed the problem. He used KPG7D Ver 2.01 and it works fine now. Scan didn't work after using Ver 1.00
Railroad Joe

scan

Post by Railroad Joe »

To all,

I would like to thank all of you who responded to my inquiry about my radio problem, which I have solved with your help. THANKS A MILLION!!!! You all should be proud of yourself to have the knowledge & experience and most importantly, the willingness to help out others when they are helpless. YOU'S ARE TOP NOTCH!!!

My most sincere gratitude & highest regards,
Joe
Splat

Post by Splat »

Thanks Joe, and you're welcome. To give and receive...that's why we're all here. Glad to hear you got it fixed, Joe. :D :beer:
kk6rq

Scan problemo

Post by kk6rq »

Make sure BOTH the channel AND the GROUP (zone/whatever) are
in the list., eg. there should be TWO arrows pointing down for it to
work properly. Took me a week to realize that one. (I mean realize that
TWO....)
tc62

Re: TK 730 scan

Post by tc62 »

You may have something as simple as a bad mic cord or the mic
may be bad , also like someone suggested make sure the mic is grounded
to a good ground, make sure the radio has at least 3 channels set for scan
and you might even want to program another button for scan instead of the scan button now
try a known good mic that scans in another vehicle on the radio
TC62
ATF1224

Re: TK 730 scan

Post by ATF1224 »

I had the same problem and I never could get it fixed.
Jake
KI4ZEL